It’s no fun to be sitting in your home with no air and sweating. Sometimes, the heat can get so high it can become a safety hazard! If your HVAC unit is broken, you can call Metro Air & Heat at (817) 945-3601 for emergency air conditioner repair in Fort Worth & Keller, TX. If not repaired, your HVAC unit could leak and cause other issues that would require siding or gutter repair. Here are some ways you can tell if your air conditioning unit is broken or about to break down:
Signs Your Air Conditioner Is Broken
- Leaks are never a good sign anywhere. If you see water around your inside or outside air conditioning unit, your drain tube or condenser unit may be broken or clogged.
- Obviously, if your air conditioner is blowing hot air when you have the thermostat set to a cold temperature, something is wrong. Your compressor or refrigerant system may be damaged inside your unit. These are both common air conditioner repair jobs and are easy to fix.
- Burning or unusual smells should never come from your air conditioner. Burning means that a wire or gears are rubbing against each other and funky odors indicate dead animals in the ducts or mold.
- If your gears are rubbing together and burning, they are probably also making a grinding noise. If you hear a clunking noise, something has come loose inside the unit.
- An HVAC unit is supposed to pull moisture from the air, so if you notice high levels of humidity in your home, you need to call for air conditioner repair.